Forum du [FFC]
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

2.6 untracked

2 participants

2.6 untracked Empty 2.6 untracked

Message par [FFC]-Floo7 Lun 31 Déc - 13:56

Since the 30th of december, 2.6 isnt tracked :

http://aaotracker.com/thread.php?threadid=184115

Personally i will play in 2.5, and Im re-installing 2.8... No

Dernière édition par [FFC]-Floo7 le Mar 26 Fév - 18:32, édité 2 fois (Raison : paske c'est plus d'actualité, alors j'ai viré le "annonce")
[FFC]-Floo7
[FFC]-Floo7
Captain
Captain

http://aaotracker.com/usertracker.php?userid=620283

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

2.6 untracked Empty Tracker admin

Message par [FFC]-Floo7 Lun 31 Déc - 22:43

This the answer of a tracker admin about the 2.6 tracker problem :

quote:
Now your saying your not going to track 2.6 cause a few flamers??

2.6 untracked Wacko

No, we stopped tracking 2.6 because of the new backend / tracker that will go online in a few days/weeks. Which is faster, more accurate, is more secure against reconnecters, account stealers, hackers and other bad guys.

It will make stats tracking much more accurate since we can scan the servers every 5-10 seconds and not every 30-45 seconds. It will also track your stats by PB GUID and not by your playername anymore. You don't have to make sure anymore that your playername on tracker matches 100% with your playername. You just keep your PB GUID there and everything will be done automaticly. With the GUID tracking we also can make sure that cheaters get banned sooner or later here and can not hide their cheating activities by playing on 2.6 servers where PB GUID tracking is not possible. It will also be the end of the namechange hack which is still used by many hackers on 2.6 servers to mess up peoples playerstats. As long as we track 2.6 stats hackers will be able to do bad things with other peoples stats.

I was not able to update anything here on our backend due to the old query protocol of 2.6 that I still had to support for a long time.

That are technical reasons that most of you probably not even understand because you don't know how the tracker works.

It can not be that thousands of 2.8 players will never get upgrades anymore just because a few 2.6 gamers. There are many (technical) reasons why the new backend only tracks the newest version of AA. We also want to do updates here again, add new stuff and make tracker better and more accurate. Specially that reconnecter part can get completly solved so that reconnecting does not help them anymore, but it does not work with 2.5, 2.6.

I could not do it because of 2.5 and 2.6 and their stupid and old query protocol, which does not even include PB GUIDs.

And yeah, we always said that we will not track those old versions forever and that it is just a question of time. Now you had 2 years to get 1GB of RAM from ebay for 20$.

You can not expect that we track 2.6 for the next 50 years just because your PC can not handle a old game with the unreal 2003 engine, which is nearly 5 years old now.

Time to give the 2.8 players what they deserve, a more secure and more accurate tracker, kill the reconnecting problem and other problems. I know they will love it! And if the new backend is online, I will take a look at it again if tracking of 2.6 is possible somehow, but I simply can not make any promises.

quote:
and we cant afford each year new PC

who said you need a new PC every year? Like already said its the Unreal 2003 engine which is very very old and should work on every PC that was build in the last 5 years. All you need is a 128MB videocard, 1GB of RAM and a 2GHZ CPU. You can get this stuff on ebay for ~100$. So you have missed the last 5 years! not one ....

And like many people already said: Its not like 2.8 is a completly different game. The new maps in it are crazy for low-end PCs but you should be able to play your BRIDGE or PIPELINE with nearly the same FPS after some tweaking.

quote:
I was sure that game(tracker) of AA is about honor, loyalty, ect.
not about capability to update(basic money) and keep up to date

Doesn't change the fact that newer versions of the games are out, which are more people playing and which we want to track too!
It is important for us to be able to track the newest version as best as we can. If older versions are stopping us from this, we will stop tracking those older versions.

People want to get tracked if 2.9 comes out! And if I say then "sorry we can not track 2.9 or future versions anymore, because we still have to track 2.6" ... then people would also be mad! Whatever I do ... people will get mad but I can not change this.

I have wasted a lot of time and ressources to be able to track 2.6 in the last 2 years besidea 2.7 and 2.8 just to give you enough time to upgrade your PCs and move to newer versions. We will not track this version forever, sorry.

Like already said: When the new backend is online I will take a look at 2.5 and 2.6 again. Maybe there is some way to track it without having a so big negative impact on 2.8.x tracking. But I can not make any promises and you probably have to accept the fact that we will not track 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 or whatever anymore ... that are old versions which will not get supported for the next 50 years.

Since tracker is online we only tracked the latest version due to the many changes in the query protocols. Now with the newest versions many things got changed again, so supporting 2.6 is getting more complicated with every new patch.

But well ... I don't even know why I try to explain this ... you don't even care why we have to do this. You just think I am bad guy who wants to make people angry and simply stop tracking 2.6 "just for fun" and without any reason.
[FFC]-Floo7
[FFC]-Floo7
Captain
Captain

http://aaotracker.com/usertracker.php?userid=620283

2.6 untracked Empty Re: 2.6 untracked

Message par [FFC]DjBlueman Mar 26 Fév - 17:13

well as i see it right now.. 2.6 is still tracked "Tfu Tfu Tfu" (words for luck) Very Happy
[FFC]DjBlueman
[FFC]DjBlueman
Recruit
Recruit

2.6 untracked Empty Re: 2.6 untracked

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé